Experts have been touting personalization as a top content marketing trend for 2017:
Personalization will see brands focusing on getting the right content, to the right person, at the right time, in the right place. —Michael Brenner, CEO, Marketing Insider Group
Consumers are becoming more willing to hand over information about themselves in exchange for personalized content, offers, or discounts. As well, consumers will share personal data in exchange for content or product recommendations that meet their needs and personalized shopping experiences. —Gini Dietrich, Founder and Author, Spin Sucks
Chat bots and machine learning will provide personalized pathways that match the visitor’s funnel stage and intent and even begin to reinvent website navigation as we’ve known it for the last 20 years. —BrianClark, CEO, Rainmaker Digital
Content personalization, whether through machine learning or another form of personalization technology, has probably been a core talking point or strategy area for your team as well. However, as you build and define your organization’s content marketing program, it’s often helpful to have a slew of information and fast facts handy in case you need to build a business case for personalization on the fly.
Here are 10 must-know facts about the future of content marketing and personalization. Use these data points as you develop your strategy, request more resources or seek executive buy-in for content personalization programs.
1. 75% of consumers prefer personalized content. (Aberdeen Group)
2. 45% of consumers won’t spend time with branded content if it’s not relevant to their interests. (OneSpot)
3. Marketers using website personalization technology have seen a lift of at least 5% in their most important metrics. 39% have seen increases of at least 20%. (VB Insights)
4. Brands that personalize content see an 19% average uplift in sales. (eConsultancy)
5. 42% of consumers are less interested in a brand’s products and services if the content the brand provides is not personally relevant. (OneSpot)
6. 78% of consumers are more likely to be a repeat customer if a brand provides targeted, personalized offers. (Infosys)
7. 78% say that personally relevant content increases their purchase intent for a brand’s products and services. (OneSpot)
8. Brands that employ cross-channel personalization see a 200% increase in content consumed per visitor. (OneSpot)
9. When evaluating software investments, 68% of companies prioritize personalized content experiences. The most common solutions invested in are: Web Content Management (60%), Email Marketing (53%) and Tag Management (51%). (Forrester)
10. Digital content is projected to grow 50 times between 2010 and 2020. (IDC)
Download our guide: How to Master Individualization to Delight Your Customers for best practices for delivering 1:1 personalized content experiences across every channel.
Increase the Effectiveness of Your Content Without Increasing Your Workload
Drive engagement, conversions and ROI with true 1:1 personalization. No integrations required.
We’ll show you how