The 2017 marketing events calendar is jam-packed with hundreds of opportunities for brand and content marketers to take advantage by attending quality sessions and networking with other marketers, solution providers and industry analysts. But selecting the right events for you and your team can be a challenge. So, where do you begin? Here we’ve reviewed and highlighted the top five events (and a few other freebies) to consider in 2017 and early 2018.
1. The Association of National Advertisers is a valuable association that represents senior-level brand marketers. The quality of the content at their events is above and beyond most marketing conferences, as they are able to pull top-tier brands on stage to share case studies and insights on the strategies they’ve tested to reach their target consumers. The association also does a great job managing sponsors, so you aren’t overwhelmed while on-site – providing a desirable environment to meet and network with solution providers. The ANA’s full event calendar can be found here, but a few of my personal favorites are the Digital & Social Media Conference in July, and the Masters of Marketing Conference in October.
2. MarTech is an event where thousands of marketers go to identify and determine which marketing technology products are a step ahead of the rest. The best part about this event is the majority of the leading tech providers are all in one room, so there is opportunity to get hands-on demos, compare and contrast solutions and discuss integration and implementation specifics. If you are looking to beef up your tech stack, this is the most efficient way to evaluate what is out there. MarTech hosts two large events annually, the first in San Francisco in May, and the second in Boston in October.
3. Content Marketing World is a must-attend event for all marketing roles focused on content. The event programming focuses on presenting tactics and strategies for email, SEO, social, video and more. In addition, this meeting of like-minded marketers also gives attendees the opportunity to address their most pressing challenges such as organization-wide content marketing buy-in, sales ownership and contribution, budgetary concerns and content marketing tech. If you send your team, be sure to divide and conquer so you’ll walk away with many actionable insights to take your content strategy to the next level.
4. You’ve likely interacted with the Forrester throughout your marketing career at some point, as they are one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the industry today. In addition to being known for their groundbreaking white papers, podcasts and more, you can also count on them to deliver a premium event experience. The Forrester Consumer Marketing event is one of their best. However, if you missed out on that event this year, there are several others that follow throughout the year that focus on marketing strategy, technology integration, customer experience and more.
5. While AdExchanger only hosts three events annually, they certainly deliver a great experience and the right content for senior-level marketers whose primary focus is digital. Their Industry Preview event in January is an event you want to plan around, as the audience is packed with heavy hitters from brands, agencies, technology solution providers, analysts, and more. The content primarily focuses on emerging trends and strategies that are paving the way in digital today.
A few more to consider…
Solution provider summits typically get a quick pass when reviewing all your event options, and rightfully so. The fear is that the experience will be undesirable due to sales driven-content and a vendor-filled conference floor. However, there are a select few to consider that are produced and executed by the leading marketing technology providers such as the Adobe Summit, Marketo National Summit and Dreamforce. The one thing to consider is if/how you will use the solution provider who is the host, as the more hands-on workshop types of sessions lend to using their specific platform.
What conferences do you plan on attending this year? Let us know in the comments.
Increase the Effectiveness of Your Content Without Increasing Your Workload
Drive engagement, conversions and ROI with true 1:1 personalization. No integrations required.
We’ll show you how