1) Personally Identifiable Information:
a) What is Collected: Personally Identifiable Information includes: (i) “Contact Data” (such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address); (ii) “Demographic Data” (such as your birth date, zip code, gender, education, marital status, occupation, personal and online interests, and such other information as may be requested from time to time. Company does not collect Personally Identifiable Information through operation of the Platform, but does collect Personally Identifiable Information through the Site by requiring each user to provide such information to access and use the Site. You may also be required to disclose Personally Identifiable Information when you communicate with Company’s employees or authorized third party service providers (“Company Representatives”). This disclosure may occur when a user registers with the Sites, signs up for newsletters, engages in transactions, contacts customer service, or participates in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, requests for suggestions, or other services offered by Company.
Company may also periodically obtain Personally Identifiable Information about you from third parties, such as Company business partners and advertisers to whom you have willingly provided your information, and add it to the Company database. Upon receipt of this information, Company requires confirmation from the third parties that you have given your express permission to such third party to share your information. If you did not give your permission or would like to remove your permission, please click here.
b) How it is Used:
- Profile Creation: Company may use the information that is collected in order to create a user profile for you.
- Email Communications: Company may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, our newsletter, information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Request Fulfillment: Company may use the information that is collected to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information.
- Support: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Service Providers: Company also may disclose information to outside companies that help Company bring you Company’s services or communications that you have requested. For example, managing a database of customer information; assisting Company in distributing emails; assisting Company with direct marketing and data collection; providing Company with storage and analysis; providing other services designed to assist Company in maximizing its business potential; and other such services that may be made available through cooperative arrangements with providers that specialize in operating such services. In some instances, our service providers will have the same access to your information as we do. We provide your information to these third parties on the condition that they use your private personal data only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions. Their use of the information will be subject to the terms of their respective privacy policies.
- Enforcement: Company may use the information that is collected to prevent illegal activities, to enforce the Site’s Terms and Conditions, and to otherwise protect Company’s rights and the rights of the Site users
2) Non-personally Identifiable Information:
a) What is Collected: Company collects data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our Site, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). This information may include the following:
- Email Campaigns: Company may collect aggregated data about email click-through rates.
- Ad Campaigns: We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on, the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. Company may target ads based on data provided by Advertisers or partners alone or in combination with the data we collect ourselves. Any data used to serve targeted advertisements is de-identified and is not used to personally or directly identify you. We require third parties, including Publishers, to provide notice and obtain appropriate consent, where required by applicable law.
- Web Beacons: Company employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons), that help Company track referrals from our partners and affiliates and better manage content on the Sites. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to users’ Personally Identifiable Information.
- Global Positioning System: Company customers may require that Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking technology be enabled in Company products and services in order to determine the location (latitude and longitude) of users of the Company products and services. This information is transmitted to, and temporarily stored by, Company. Company does not provide this information to any other third party
b) How the Information is Used: We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements. In order to learn more about how the Site is used and to help improve the Platform and Site, data that is collected is aggregated and analyzed. Company may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase the Site’s or Platform’s functionality, to improve and to better tailor content and design to suit Site users’ needs.
The information we collect will not be used to create customer profiles based on browsing history. We will not supplement information collected on our Site with data from other sources. WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION, TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. EVER .
3) Children’s Information: Our Sites and Platform are not directed to persons under 13 and Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If Company becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided personal information, Company takes steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
4) Third Party Websites: We may offer links to other websites. This Policy applies only to the Sites and Platform and not to other websites accessible from the Sites or Platform or that you use to access the Sites or Platform, each of which may have privacy policies materially different from this Policy. When you click on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and Platform and welcome any feedback about these sites.
5) Access to Information/Opting Out:
a) Users may delete their information from our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Remove Customer Information”).
b) You may opt out of our data collection/ad targeting at any time by clicking here or by sending an opt-out request by postal mail to PO Box 66071, Austin, TX 78766. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address in order to easily locate your data.
c) Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which Company has disclosed personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want a list, you should send a request to email@example.com. Please provide the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email and include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
6) New Technology: The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly developing. As a result, Company strongly encourages individuals to revisit this Policy for any updates regarding its use of new technology.
7) Data Storage and Security: We endeavor to safeguard and protect our users’ information. User information submitted via our Site, Platform, or our customer’s websites is protected both online and offline. Physical access to servers used to store user data is strictly restricted and closely monitored. Remote access is similarly limited and protected via multiple layers of security following industry standard practices. Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and Company therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from the Sites and you provide this information at your own risk. ACCORDINGLY, ONESPOT DISCLAIMs LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE SITES AND PLATFORM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
9) Access Outside of the United States: The Site and Platform are intended for users who are physically located in the United States. However, if you are visiting the Sites or using the Platform from a location outside of the United States, you may be connected to servers located within the United States or in other countries whose data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By providing your information to Company, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located outside of your country of residence, and understand that your information will be stored and processed in accordance with U.S. law.
10) Disputes: Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under, out of or relating to this Policy and any subsequent amendments including, without limitation, formation, validity, binding effect, interpretation, performance, breach or termination, as well as non-contractual claims, shall be submitted to arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Austin, Texas. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The parties may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief as necessary, without breach of this paragraph and without abridgment of the powers of the arbitrator. The arbitrator may award any form of individual or equitable relief, including injunctive relief. Any award will be final and conclusive to the parties and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop any lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in such a suit. Your agreement to this provision does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights and remedies to pursue an individual claim in binding arbitration, but not as a class action. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits is an independent covenant. You may opt-out of this provision by providing written notice of your decision within thirty (30) days of the date that you first use the Sites.
11) Contact Us: If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.